Vegetable Kingdom, the Abundant World of Vegan Recipes
Write a review
| Ask a question
Regular price $30.00
Unit price per
Some cooks have a gift for flavor and others can simply envy people like Bryant Terry. Here Terry finds and displays inspiration in the foods of the African diaspora as well as his wife's Asian heritage. Even resolute non-vegans will find a wealth of great ideas here for changing up weeknight cooking. Among the dishes you could soon be cooking for yourself
- "Dirty cauliflower" with tempeh, mushrooms, scallions and parsley
- Charcoal-roasted kohlrabi with peanut sauce and chiles
- Caramelized leek and seared mushroom toast with pine nuts, thyme, and tarragon
- Butternut squash and sesame seed hand pies
- Lacto-fermented beets with tomatoes and basil
Bryant is remarkably forthcoming about the sources of his inspiration, as well as his reasoning in choosing one ingredient over another in developing a dish. Those who don't feel they have his gifts will still find they can learn much from him.
Hardcover. Color photographs throughout.