Veg Forward: Super-Delicious Recipes that Put Produce at the Center of Your Plate
Shipping calculated at checkout
Vegetable-driven books abound in the 2020s, many of them quite appealing. Veg Forward is a good choice for cooks who already feel comfortable with basic recipes and are looking for some fresh ideas that won’t feel overly familiar.
- Sugar snaps, cabbage, and radish slaw with buttermilk dressing
- Kohlrabi and apple salad with poppy seeds
- Poblano chiles filled with spoonbread and tomato cream
- Cold cucumber, avocado, and arugula soup
- Tahini peach cobbler
- Red lentil and vegetable soup with crispy spiced chickpeas
- Roasted vegetable has with harissa and poached eggs
Author Susan Spungen is a veteran food journalist and stylist with the skills to write clear, easy-to-follow recipes. Her notes on pantry ingredients at the start of the book are realistic and inspiring all on their own.
Hardcover. Color photographs throughout.