The German Baking Book: Cakes, Tarts, Breads, and More from the Black Forest and Beyond
Shipping calculated at checkout
This collection of traditional German baked goods, primarily sweet but with solid attention to savory bread products, is detailed, informative, and inspiring.
An endearing and skilled contestant on the 2021 Great British Baking Show series, author Jurgen Krauss displayed technical know-how and a wry, self-effacing sense of humor. On the show, he was comfortable baking a wide variety of products, but here he presents the fritters,dumplings,cakes,tarts, and holiday treats he knew growing up.
Among the distinctive recipes:
- Donauwellen (Waves of the Danube), a chocolate-glazed sheet cake with layers of vanilla and chocolate batter punctuated by cherries
- Red currant tart with meringue
- Swabian spelt rolls with caraway seeds
- Onion and poppy seed braid
- White gingerbread with almonds, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and coriander
You feel you’re in experienced hands with this author.
Hardcover. Color photographs throughout.