Stuffed: The Sandwich Cookie Book
Shipping calculated at checkout
Joining two cookies together with filling multiplies the number of good things in the world by an admirable number. If you’re the type of baker who can resist eating your freshly baked cookies before you have a chance to connect them, this collection of 65 recipes might keep you very busy.
Blogger Heather Mubarak recognizes that your sandwich cookie cravings may come in different forms. She encourages you to mix and match cookies and fillings as you please, but groups her cookie recipes (each accompanied by suggested fillings) according to six broad groups to help you navigate the book. They are:
- Oldies but Goodies, including oatmeal cream pies with brown sugar buttercream
- For the Love of Chocolate, including double mint chocolate cookie sandwiches
- The Cool Cookies, including peanut butter pretzel cookies with chocolate ice cream
- Tart & Tangy, including vanilla bean shortbread with guava buttercream
- Cookies with a Kick, including brown butter snickerdoodles with chai spice buttercream
- Cocktail Cookies, including everything bagel crackers with chive cream cheese
Most cookies are simple to bake and the fillings are equally easy to prepare. Assembly may be the fussier part, though they’ll still taste the same if even if yours are not social media-worthy the first time.
Happily measurements are in volume as well as in metric by weight.
Hardcover. Color photographs throughout.