Nukazuke: The Japanese Art of Fermented Pickling
Shipping calculated at checkout
This is a Featured Preorder* for a book that will be published April 30, 2024.
This is what the publisher tells us about this book:
This book provides an exciting introduction to the Japanese method of pickling in a reusable bed of fermented rice bran—a medium that is easy to prepare and maintain at home. Author Nami Yamada is a dietary expert, chef and herbalist, and she provides instructions for 60 fermented pickles including unusual ones made from ingredients like daikon radish, lotus root, shiitake mushrooms, apples, garlic and tofu!
Yamada also provides 30 delightful recipes showing you how to incorporate your fermented nukazuke pickles into daily Japanese-style meals, with delicious and nutritious dishes like:
- Futomaki Sushi Rolls with Pickled Tuna
- Pickled Apple and Napa Cabbage Salad
- Stir-fried Summer Vegetables with Pork and Soybean Miso
- Mackerel Simmered with Nukazuke Fermented Rice Bran
- And dozens of other wholesome and delicious recipes, including desserts!
This comprehensive guide to a traditional Japanese fermentation method will help you eat more delicious and healthy meals!
Paperback. Color photographs and black and white illustrations throughout.
* Featured Preorder books earn you an extra 150 rewards points, good for $5 off a future purchase. If you're not already a member of our rewards program you can learn more about all the ways to earn points and sign up here. It's as simple as creating a store account.