Magazine F: Olive Issue 22
Shipping calculated at checkout
Magazine F is a food documentary magazine which focuses on one ingredient per issue. The magazine explores how each ingredient is grown, prepared, and shared in different cultures around the world, through in-depth interviews, inspiring stories, and beautiful photos.
The magazine originates in Korea, where it is published roughly 6 times a year. But as part of its quest to examine the use of foods worldwide, it features information on many locations, traditions, cooks, and producers.
Olives carry significant cultural weight, from their association with peace and divine approval to health and discerning palates. In this issue, the editors address these factors as well as:
- Visits to two family-owned olive groves in Greece
- A guide to olive types as well as grades of olive oil
- A tour of several olive-oriented agritourism establishments, also in Greece
- Profiles of several chefs known for their deep interest in olives and olive oil
- An Italian rock musician who has begun an initiative to rejuvenate abandoned olive groves
Rather than being systematically comprehensive, this issue captures a range of different ways that olives are significant to local cultures and communities.
Paperback. Color photography throughout.