Here's what the publisher tells us about this book:
Lidia Bastianich—“doyenne of Italian cooking” (Chicago Times)—makes Italian cooking easy for everyone with this new, beautifully designed, easy-to-use cookbook. Here are more than 100 homey, simple-to-prepare recipes that require fewer steps and fewer ingredients (not to mention fewer dirty pots and pans!), without sacrificing any of their flavor.
These are just a few of the delectable dishes that fill this essential book of recipes:
• Spinach, Bread, and Ricotta Frittata
• One-Pan Chicken and Eggplant Parmigiana
• Roasted Squash and Carrot Salad with Chickpeas and Almonds
• Penne with Cauliflower and Green Olive Pesto
• Balsamic Chicken Stir-Fry
• Skillet Lasagna
• Braised Calamari with Olives and Peppers
• Beer-Braised Beef Short Ribs
• Apple Cranberry Crumble
Some of them are old favorites, others are Lidia’s new creations, but every one represents Italian food at its most essential—guaranteed to transport home cooks to Italy with a minimum of fuss and muss. “Tutti a tavola a mangiare!”
Hardcover. Color photographs throughout.