Witty, candid, and insightful: a chef’s ode to his extraordinary restaurant, and a fascinating commentary on food culture
In 2019, Magnus Nilsson closed Fãviken, his one-of-a-kind restaurant in remote Sweden – a difficult decision, as it was close to his heart and at the height of its success. Here is the Fäviken story: how it became a world-class destination, how the industry it was a part of has changed, and why Magnus eventually elected to pursue new projects. His musings on topics from creative theory and sustainability to family and fame accompany 100+ memorable recipes from Magnus’s remarkable Fäviken tenure.
- Reveals the secrets behind 100+ recipes for dishes created by Magnus during his 11 years as head chef
- A first-hand account of Fäviken’s evolution and the lessons learned by its head chef Magnus Nilsson
- Explores sustainability, accountability, social media, fame’s pros and cons, the importance of craft over innovation, and how to care for an apple tree
- Stunning photography by Erik Olsson, who has closely documented Fäviken over the years
- Textural case made of blue cloth and red paper with a wood-grain effect that references the shape and colour of the Fäviken building.
Hardcover. Color photographs throughout.