Sifting through the vast number of written works on food and drink published every year in the US is a huge task, but J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, author of The Food Lab and Every Night is Pizza Night, has done it very ably in this collection of 25 pieces taken from newspapers, magazines, blogs, and books.
Among the authors and pieces you’ll encounter:
- Cynthia R. Greenlee: A Real Hot Mess: How Grits Got Weaponized Against Cheating Men
- José R. Ralat: The Demand for “Authenticity” Is Threatening Kansas City’s Homegrown Tacos
- Korsha Wilson: A Critic for All Seasons
- Pete Wells: Peter Luger’s Used to Sizzle. Now It Sputters
- Amelia Nirenberg: Hard Times for a Hot Commodity, the Prized New Mexico Chile
A very welcome distraction!