An A-Z of Pasta: Recipes for Shapes and Sauces, from Alfabeto to Ziti, and Everything in Between
Regular price $37.00
Unit price per
In her guide to fifty different pasta shapes, award-winning British food writer Rachel Roddy brings nearly two decades of experience living in Italy to advice and recipes for saucing and serving every one.
From alfabeto, tiny little letter-shaped pastina which are almost always served in broth to lagane—please do not confuse these broad fresh noodles with lasagne—to the ziti which seems to be the inescapable conclusion of any pasta list, Roddy offers recipes which are for the most part simple and traditional. The sort you might be served in a friend’s home:
- Bucatini with tomato, guanciale, and Pecorino Romano
- Cannelloni in the Sorrento style, with three cheeses and a peppery tomato sauce
- Linguine with zucchini, egg and Parmesan
- Dough scraps known as maltagliati with creamed leeks and mussels if you wish
- Tagliolini with chanterelles and cherry tomatoes
This is comfortable Italian cooking, easily accomplished by cooks with basic kitchen skills. Roddy is a friendly, easy-going coach who wants to make sure you are at ease with cooking a good meal for yourself and your family or friends.
Hardcover. Color photographs throughout.