Afro-Vegan: Farm-fresh African, Caribbean & Southern Flavors Remixed
Shipping calculated at checkout
In one of the most impressive, flavor-forward vegan cookbooks we've seen, Bryant Terry looks at a range of traditions, asks why their food can't be made vegan, and then does it with style.
Afro-Vegan is a book for people who like flavor. Terry has honed a valuable skill at making connections between regional traditions and ingredients that reinvigorate them. Recipe after recipe, it's easy to recognize familiar starting points, yet remain impressed by where Terry takes us.
- Dandelion salad with pecan dressing and tangerines
- Heirloom tomato salad with basil sea salt
- Peanut stew with winter vegetables and cornmeal dumplings
- Chilled watermelon soup with quick-pickled cucumber and mint
- Fresh corn grits with swiss chard and roasted cherry tomatoes
Happily, preparation for many of the dishes is very simple. And Terry also includes suggestions of music and books (!) which he feels enhance the cooking and eating of this food.
An easy choice.
Hardcover. Color photographs throughout.