Japan: The Vegetarian Cookbook
Nancy Singleton Hachisu
Regular price $54.95
Unit price per
This is a Featured Pre-order* for a book that will be published May 10th, 2023.
Here is what the publisher tells us about Japan: The Vegetarian Cookbook:
From the author of global bestseller Japan: The Cookbook, more than 250 delicious, healthy vegetarian recipes for home cooks
In this collection of new recipes, Nancy Singleton Hachisu, the most authoritative voice in Japanese home cooking today, showcases Japanese vegetarian dishes, bringing the exquisite flavors of the nation’s elegant cuisine to those who follow a plant-based diet or want to lower the amount of fish and meat they eat.
Recipes are divided by cooking style – dressed, vinegared, deep-fried, simmered, steamed, stir-fried, grilled, pickled, and sweet – alongside which Hachisu shares her expert knowledge of the ingredients, culture, and traditions of this unique culinary style.
- A brand-new and exciting cookbook from the author of the hugely successful Japan: The Cookbook - over 150,000 copies sold worldwide - a wide-ranging collection of plant-based recipes from a leading expert in the field of Japanese cuisine
- The book includes an extensive introduction to Japanese vegetarian cuisine, with essays throughout exploring the ingredients, culture, and tradition associated with it, plus a detailed glossary
- Perfect for the foodie, armchair traveler, and every health-conscious and vegetable-forward eater
- The latest title in Phaidon's bestselling regional vegetarian book series
- With 120 specially commissioned food photographs to bring the recipes to life
Hardcover. Color photographs throughout.
* Featured Pre-Order books earn you an extra 150 rewards points, good for $5 off a future purchase. If you're not already a member of our rewards program you can learn more about all the ways to earn points and sign up here. It's as simple as creating a store account.