Shipping calculated at checkout
Andreu Genestra's eponymous restaurant is sited on the island of Mallorca, wonderfully positioned to claim an understanding of Mediterranean cooking. It has a Michelin star, as well as one of the guide's green stars for its commitment to sustainability.
A career that included time working at restaurants such as Mugaritz, Arzak, and elBulli acquainted Genestra with innovative techniques and a willingness to experiment that are clear in nearly every dish here. For example:
- Squid and eel dressed with seaweed cream, brined lemon peel, and hazelnuts
- Stuffed pigeon with roasted peach
- 90-day aged veal carpaccio with melon
- Scorpion fish with dried black olives and chickpeas
- Fresh peas with yogurt and lime
Throughout the book there are tributes to Genetra's creativity from the likes of Ferran Adrià and Oriol Castro, Eduard Xatruch, and Mateu Casañas of Disfrutar. Presentation photography includes many a rustic looking plate, although there occasional more elaborately composed dishes, such as a tomato "flower" made from thinly shaved gelatinized roasted tomato water.
Hardcover. Color photographs throughout. In English and Spanish.