This book benefits Refettorio Paris, an outpost of the effort by Chef Massimo Bottura to reduce food waste and address food inequities.
In it, 37 leading chefs share recipes—very handsomely and imaginatively photographed—that repurpose ingredients that might otherwise be headed for the compost bin or which have previously been regarded as uninteresting.
Contributors include many of the brightest names in the French culinary firmament, including:
- Pascal Barbot of Astrance
- Sébastien Bras of Le Suquet
- Mauro Colagreco of Mirazur
- Bertrand Grébaut of Septime
- Cédric Grolet of Cédric Grolet Opéra
- Pierre Hermé of Pierre Hermé
- Olivier Roellinger of Le Coquillage
- Apollonia Poilâne of Poilâne
- Michel and César Troisgros of Le Bois Without Leaves
There's a playful quality of many of the non-presentation photos that helps set an exuberant mood as the book celebrates a new range of possibilities.
Hardcover. Full cloth binding. Color photographs throughout. In French.