Twice a year this Spanish-English bilingual magazine, billing itself as the “Journal of Haute Cuisine,” pays tribute to some of the world’s greatest chefs with profiles and photos of their plated food. Terrific food photography brings us in to the dining rooms of restaurants that, in many cases, are not represented in current books.
Issue 239 features five Spanish restaurants and their chefs:
- Fran Martínez and Cristina Díaz of Maralba (two Michelin stars)
- Borja Garcia of Ultramarinos Marín in Barcelona
- Edu Pérez of Toqha in El Puerto de Santa María
- Javier Sanz and Juan Sahuquillo of Oba in Casas Ibáñez
- Isidro López of Tiemar in Jerez de la Frontera
As we noted with the previous issue, the magazine is now printed on uncoated paper stock, which makes it appear bulkier than earlier issues.
In Spanish and English. Color photographs throughout. Paperback.