Toothache is a twice-yearly magazine for chefs, by chefs. It’s handsomely photographed and refreshingly not obsessed with names you see all over social media.
Editor Nick Muncy has relocated to Southern California and this issue draws more heavily on chefs from that region. Among those featured are:
- Katianna and John Hong of Yangban Society in Los Angeles
- Ki Kim of Kinn in Los Angeles
- Liz Johnson and Will Aghajanian of Horses in Los Angeles
- William Bradley of Addison in San Diego
- Tavel Bristol-Joseph of Canje in Austin
- Santiago Lastra of KOL in London
- Vinesh Johny of Lavonne Academy in Bangalore
Conversations are very much between restaurant industry folk. Photography is vibrant. And there are recipes, too.
Paperback. Color photographs throughout.