Start Here: Instructions for Becoming a Better Cook
Shipping calculated at checkout
This is a Featured Preorder* for a book that will be published October 31, 2023.
This is what the publisher tells us about the book:
Change the way you think about cooking! In this epic guide to better eating, the chef, recipe developer, and video producer Sohla El-Waylly reimagines what a cookbook can be, teaching home cooks of all skill levels how cooking really works.
“The book I wish someone had handed me when I began my own journey as a cook.”—from the Foreword by Samin Nosrat.
A practical, information-packed, and transformative guide to becoming a better cook and conquering the kitchen, Start Here is a must-have master class in leveling up your cooking.
Across a dozen technique-themed chapters—from “Temperature Management 101” and “Break it Down & Get Saucy” to “Go to Brown Town,” “All About Butter,” and “Getting to Know Dough”—Sohla El-Waylly explains the hows and whys of cooking, introducing the fundamental skills that you need to become a more intuitive, inventive cook.
A one-stop resource, regardless of what you’re hungry for, Start Here gives equal weight to savory and sweet dishes, with more than two hundred mouthwatering recipes, including:
- Crispy-Skinned Salmon with Radishes & Nuoc Cham
- Charred Lemon Risotto
- Chilled Green Tahini Soba
- Lemon, Pecorino & Potato Pizza
- Fruity-Doodle Cookies
- Masa & Buttermilk Tres Leches
Packed with practical advice and scientific background, and an almost endless assortment of recipe variations, along with tips, guidance, and how-tos, Start Here is culinary school—without the student loans.
Hardcover. Color photos throughout.
* Featured Preorder books earn you an extra 150 rewards points, good for $5 off a future purchase. If you're not already a member of our rewards program you can learn more about all the ways to earn points and sign up here. It's as simple as creating a store account.