Paco Roncero: The Silent Insurrection of the Chef
Shipping calculated at checkout
This handsome showcase book features the work of Paco Roncero, chef of the Michelin 2-star restaurant of the same name in Madrid.
The insurrection we are invited to survey seems to be Roncero's willingness to cast aside ideas about traditional Spanish cuisine and techniques, as well as current trends in favor of hyperlocal ingredients. It does not take much effort at all to find boundary defying dishes such as:
- Norway lobster with chipotle chilli, coconut, and mint sauce
- Pumpkin and kumquat sandwich
- Pork rind cornette with oyster tartar, and bone marrow
- Grilled sea urchin with trotter, pear, and miso
- Dark chocolate and foie Sacher cake
The book is written in both English and Spanish and most dishes are presented with full-page photographs. There is no direct commentary from the chef himself, who seems content to allow his food to speak for itself.
Hardcover. Color photographs throughout. In Spanish and in English.