OP: You and I Eat the Same (signed)
Shipping calculated at checkout
The MAD (Danish for “food”) Symposium—founded by NOMA chef, René Redzepi—grew from a small hodgepodge of like-minded farmers, cooks, and food writers and academics looking for a path to more socially conscious and sustainable food systems. The organization has grown into a globally recognized and respected platform that now offers grants and classes to further their goals.
Published in 2018, this was the first volume of “Dispatches,” then intended to be an annual series, inspired by the year’s Symposium conversations. You and I Eat the Same is a collection of 19 essays which explore the ways in which “food and cooking connect us to one another.”
- Curry Grows Wherever it Goes by Ben Mervis
- Fried Chicken Is Common Ground by Osayi Endolyn
- One seed Rules Them All by Tienlon Ho
- Culinary Difference Makes a Difference by Krishendu Ray
- There Is No Such Thing as a Nonethnic Restaurant by Paul Freedman
A thoughtful and engaging anthology, very much of the moment in discussions of all things food.Only issued in paperback, ours is an unused first printing signed by both Rene Redzepi and Chris Ying.