Polish'd: Modern Vegetarian Cooking from Global Poland
Shipping calculated at checkout
This is a Featured Preorder* for a book that will be published October 24, 2023.
This is what the publisher tells us about the book:
100 fresh, modern Polish vegetarian recipes—from new takes on traditional favorites to fusions from around the world.
Michał Korkosz’s first book, Fresh from Poland—a Booklist Top 10 Cookbook of 2020 hailed as “a vegetable wonderland” by The San Francisco Chronicle—brought a Polish vegetarian cookbook to American readers for the first time. Now, he moves from celebrating Poland’s history with vegetarian versions of traditional recipes to exploring Polish cooking’s rich present with 100 exciting recipes.
Polish’d includes both typical Polish favorites made vegetarian, like Kakory (Potato Empanadas) Filled with Roasted Vegetables and Cheese, and new flavors brought to Poland through immigration and cultural exchange, like Miso Żurek with Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Mushrooms, and Dill.
Its recipes showcase fresh vegetables, grains, and herbs, but there’s also plenty of buttery, sugary, and cheesy comfort-food goodness to be found. Readers will see, and taste, Polish food in a new way as they enjoy dishes like:
- Chilled Cucumber-Melon Soup with Goat Cheese, Crispy Apple, and Mint
- Kopytka with Umami Sauce, Spinach, Hazelnuts, and Poppy Furikake
- Nettle Pesto Pasta with Radishes and Asparagus
- Grilled Broccoli with Lemon Mayo, Umami Bomb Sauce and Poppy Seeds
- Tomatoes and Peaches with Soft Goat Cheese, Crispy Sage, and Superior Brown Butter Sauce
- Carmelized Twaróg Basque Cheesecake
Korkosz was the winner of the 2017 Saveur Blog Award for best food blog photography, and his gorgeous photos make these offerings even more mouthwatering. His love for his home country’s culinary tradition and innovation is at the heart of each recipe. With its unique take on this oft-ignored cuisine, Polish’d will please readers with Polish heritage, vegetarian fans of Eastern European food, and anyone looking for creative ways to enjoy plant-based fare.
Hardcover. Color photographs throughout.
* Featured Preorder books earn you an extra 150 rewards points, good for $5 off a future purchase. If you're not already a member of our rewards program you can learn more about all the ways to earn points and sign up here. It's as simple as creating a store account.