Diner: Day for Night
Shipping calculated at checkout
This is a Featured Preorder* for a book that will be published September 26, 2023.
Here is what the publisher tells us about Diner: Day for Night:
The acclaimed owner behind Marlow Collective shares the journey to opening his first restaurant, Diner, with personal stories, 48 seasonal recipes, and a treasure trove of intimate photos.
On New Year’s Eve 1998, Andrew Tarlow, along with Mark Firth, opened Diner out of a repurposed dining car under the Williamsburg Bridge in Brooklyn. Within the decade, it single-handedly became one of the city’s most influential restaurants, giving birth to a Brooklyn mini-empire—including Marlow & Sons, Roman's, and Achilles Heel—and an ethos of community, sustainability, and eating local. In Diner: Day for Night, Tarlow takes us back to the restaurant that brought the farm-to-table movement to Brooklyn.
Featuring 48 flavorful recipes and evocative photography, this fun and whimsical cookbook takes us through the history of Diner. Diner: Day for Night is a poetic homage to a lively place as the day shifts from morning to night, both intimate and welcoming.
Get a glimpse of Diner's opening chef Caroline's first impression of Diner co-founders Andrew and Mark, the chaotic opening night that everyone turned up for, and the many faces that have come and gone throughout the years. The recipes are based upon the food so many have come to love and are built around each season. You’ll find:
- recipes for spring, like Asparagus with Tahini Sauce and Wilted Frilly Mustard Greens and Risotto with Leeks, Peas, and Pecorino
- recipes for summer, like Green Tomatoes with Mozzarella, Basil, and Green Coriander and Peaches with Creme Fraiche Honey and Lavender Shortbread Sprinkle
- recipes for fall, like Turnips and Radishes with Butter and Bottarga and Lamb Belly with Potatoes and Tomatoes
- recipes for winter, like Scallops with Celery Root Puree and Castelvetrano Olives and Vanilla Pots De Creme
In Diner: Day for Night, Tarlow invites readers to his first major culinary foray, giving us inspiration for creating delicious, celebratory food at home.
Hardcover. Color photographs throughout.
* Featured Preorder books earn you an extra 150 rewards points, good for $5 off a future purchase. If you're not already a member of our rewards program you can learn more about all the ways to earn points and sign up here. It's as simple as creating a store account.