Love Japan: Recipes from our Japanese American Kitchen
Sawako Okochi and Aaron Israel with Gabriella Gershenson
Regular price $30.00
Unit price per
This is a Featured Pre-order* for a book that will be published May 16th, 2023.
Here is what the publisher tells us about Love Japan:
Discover comforting homestyle Japanese American cuisine with 100 unique, simple, and tasty recipes from the owners of the innovative Brooklyn restaurant Shalom Japan.
Steaming sukiyaki. Pillowy, soft shokupan. Springy ramen noodles. These famed Japanese dishes, as well as modern interpretations and evolutions, are all part of Love Japan, a collection of beloved family recipes from the married owners of Brooklyn’s Shalom Japan.
Like many of us, chefs Sawako Okochi and Aaron Israel lead busy lives and often find themselves short on time in the kitchen. Their secret to getting nourishing, delicious food on the table for their family? The Japanese-inspired dishes that Sawako grew up eating. While not rigid in tradition, these recipes are all rooted in the Japanese flavors and techniques taught to Sawako by her mother, with influences from Aaron’s Jewish heritage as well as the menu at Shalom Japan.
Through years of practice in their own home and in their Brooklyn restaurant, Sawako and Aaron have distilled these recipes for maximum flavor and minimum fuss, including Japanese staples and inventive, delicious fusions like:
- Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken)
- Smashed Cucumber and Wakame Salad
- Roasted Cauliflower with Miso and Panko Butter
- Hiroshima-Style Okonomiyaki with Ramen Noodles
- Home-Style Matzoh Ball Ramen
- Omurice (Omelet Fried Rice)
- Slice-and-Bake Matcha Cookies
Through Love Japan's user-friendly recipes and gorgeous photography, Sawako and Aaron demonstrate that Japanese cooking can be everyday cooking -- even (or especially) if you’re short on time, space, or energy. These satisfying dishes will open up a world of possibilities in your cooking routine.
Hardcover. Color photographs throughout.
* Featured Pre-Order books earn you an extra 150 rewards points, good for $5 off a future purchase. If you're not already a member of our rewards program you can learn more about all the ways to earn points and sign up here. It's as simple as creating a store account.